Pages

Celtic tiles coat - the one that went wrong

I needed just one more square in silver grey and was two thirds through when I realised that I wouldn't have enough yarn!


Never mind, I thought, I will do a half red, half silver one. And it was looking good, though I wasn't sure if the red would last out either. 

When I ran out of red I went back to using the last few grammes of silver grey with my fingers crossed it would last till the final row. Phew! 

For the edge I opted to use emerald green, as I will be doing a round of green on each square before also joining them all into a coat with the green also. 

And the end result was surprising to me. I had in mind the Japanese Wabi-sabi way of finding beauty in flaws as a way of accepting this square as a unique one amongst the rest. And it may well end up being my favourite square. 

This is the square being blocked before all the ends are sewn in. 

You might be interested...

Buy me a coffee